Monday, February 11, 2013

Preperation

This weekend went way too fast! We definitely had a busy, busy weekend! Saturday morning was Nathan’s Christening Preparation class. I was joined by his God Parents: Tonya & Stephen. One of the exercises was to jot down a list of things that I would like for Nate to have or work toward over the next 18 years. My list consisted of:
·         Being healthy
·         Going to Church
·         Have good grades
·         Play Sports (especially Baseball, according to his Dad)
·         Like outdoors
·         Be a good reader/writer
·         Get a Scholarship
·         Be a safe driver
·         Have lots of friends
·         Go to college
·         Be nice to his sister
·         Be outgoing
·         Travel
We each made a list for him and the most recognizable different things that his God Parents had were, Tonya- like Roller Skating! She said that she will be working on this in about the next 5 years. Stephen- Play SOCCER! I can defiantly attest that he will have a great Soccer coach, that would be Stephen bc his father knows 0 about Soccer! LOL! OF course whatever sport he decides to take up I just pray that he is not accident prone like ME! Keeping our medical bills down will be a goal.

We went shopping and got Lia’s pretty dress for the occasion. I am excited to see her prissy little self in her dress! We also joined a gym over the weekend. It seems like it will be nice they have a great playroom for the kids. We are going to try it out tonight; at least that is the plan. I was trying for so long to avoid paying for a membership. The deal is you can’t really keep your heart rate up while walking behind a tricycle. Then when you get 4-5 blocks away from home while pushing a jogging stroller and your 3 yr old says- “I don’t want to ride my bike anymore!” what do you do…well of course push the jogging stroller & carry the 30lb tricycle with one arm all WHILE trying to keep your 3 yr old from running into the street!  SEE…I think the membership will be worth it! So I’m thinking at least 2-3 days a week, then we have Lia’s dance class 1 day. So it will all work out! I also covertly discovered that there is a really good Nail Spa directly across the street from the gym..Why is this important you may ask?! WELL bc I can drop Hubby & the kids off at the Gym and sneak to get my nails done! Hahahaha!  

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment